Friday 3 March 2017

Schwarzenegger quits as host of Celebrity Apprentice over Donald Trump

Arnold Schwarzenegger has revealed he will not return to The New Celebrity Apprentice for another season as host because President Donald Trump is still part of it . Schwarzenegger, told Empire in an interview published Friday
'Even if asked [to do host again] I would decline,'When people found out that Trump was still involved as executive producer and was still receiving money from the show, then half the people [started] boycotting it.'
The NBC's Apprentice franchise, now in its 15th overall season has seen nearly half of the shows sponsors have pulled out, decisions that Schwarzenegger now confirms were linked to concerns over Trump's involvement.
'With Trump being involved in the show, people have a bad taste and don't want to participate as a spectator or as a sponsor or in any other way support the show,' Schwarzenegger said. 'It's a very divisive period now and I think this show got caught up in all that division.'It's not about the show,''Everyone I ran into came up to me and said "I love the show... but I turned it off because as soon as I read Trump's name I'm outta there!"
Trump, who hosted fourteen seasons of The Apprentice franchise, departed after launching his presidential bid in 2015,

0 comments:

Post a Comment